Thursday, May 14, 2015

Here we go..

I've never done this blog thing before so please bear with me..

As of today, I'm off to Munich, Germany for A study abroad program called Engineering the German Way. While in Munich, I'll be taking classes at a university, visiting various companies, and attempting to take in as much German culture as possible. Seeing as how my family is originally from Germany, that part has me the most excited. Overall it will be a great cultural and educational experience, one that will probably go far faster than I want it to.

However, it's not all excitement, because I'm nervous. I'm nervous about the culture shock, the language barrier, and your typical travel fears. However, traveling alone has also made me nervous. I'm not a fan of flying (terrified actually), and my five total flights for the round trip is obviously frightening. For now though, I'm sitting comfortably at my gate for my first flight to Newark, which means I already conquered what I was most nervous about, and that was just getting to the terminal. Everything went about as smoothly as possible, so that's hurdle number one cleared. At this point, I'm confident everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment