Saturday, May 30, 2015

All Play and No Work?

I'm currently on a two hour train ride to Neuschwantein Castle, so what better time to sit and write?

When I first learned that I'd be studying in Germany, I wasn't too sure what to expect from the program. As we got more information, it seemed like it would be a lot of work. I knew that our time would be filled with six courses and several company visits, so I thought I'd be doing a lot of work in these three weeks. I was wrong.

Don't get me wrong, we've been learning a lot in class, and the professors have been extremely knowledgeable. But the workload is not nearly what I expected. We've got something to do most days, but we also have plenty of free time. This time has been great, as we've been able to explore quite a bit of the city, and experience a lot of things that I wanted to experience. It's been a great amount of time spent having fun, and a good amount of time learning, which is what I came here for.

Not only do we have free time on the week and during the weekends, we also will have had three days off for public holiday in our time here by the time this trip is over. We've set up a few trips during these holidays and really tried to get as much out of them as we could. For example, next Thursday we'll be traveling to Gmund Tegernsee, which I've heard is absolutely beautiful. Time here had been very well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment