Friday, May 15, 2015

Funny how things work out..

So yesterday I said I was most nervous about flying.. And I guess I had every reason to be. My original flight schedule was Pittsburgh to Newark to London to Munich. They overbooked that, so they offered me a $500 travel voucher and an upgrade to first class if I would change and instead go to Chicago instead, and then Munich. I accepted because well, that's how I am. And that was a mistake. After a series of delays, the flight to Chicago ended up being expected to depart at 10 pm, now four hours later than my intended departure from Pittsburgh. If I were to be on this flight, I would have missed my connection to Munich. However, United was great in squeezing me onto a second flight to Chicago, in what I'm assuming was the very last seat. Everything went smoothly there, and after a long trip across O'Haire airport, I made it to my connecting flight to Munich. It was a hectic and whirlwind experience catching these planes, but hey I'm here. Hopefully the return trip is much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment