Friday, June 5, 2015

What does the future hold?

When I first started this trip, I thought I had a pretty good plan for what I wanted in the future. I love my job now working in quality assurance, and I figured that I'd want to be living near a city (or at least in a suburb) for a long time. After taking a several industrial engineering courses during this trip, and seeing the beautiful countryside of Germany, who knows what the future holds?

I've definitely become a bit more open as far as career choices go. I love my job now, but I definitely have become more open to other industrial engineering type jobs over the course of this trip. I've always loved my major, and some of the lectures and visits we've taken in the past three weeks have reaffirmed that. While I still would prefer a job in QA, I certainly wouldn't mind working in any other type of role.

As far as living goes, I've always considered myself a city kid. But I've spent plenty of time outside the city, and a lot in the country. Taking several trips to the German Alps really made me realize how much I love that kind of land. While I may not live in a setting like that, I could definitely retire in a similar place.

My plans haven't changed completely, but it's definitely reopened my mind to what I may want later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment